Every small business is started because someone is driven by a voice inside. There is a dream. A passion. A turn of bad luck. An opportunity. A family. While any one of those may be what propels the doors open and the shingle hung, most business owners quickly discover that success requires more than just a calling. Sustaining momentum, finding new customers, and keeping the lights on demands stamina and fortitude in lots of areas – customer service, marketing, product fulfillment, ecommerce, a solid business plan and much more. It can be overwhelming – but for two lucky businesses this fall, help is on the way!
Committed to helping small businesses succeed, Pitney Bowes is pleased to announce the kickoff of its #PBSmallBiz Mentorship Contest. Two winners will win the support and counsel of their own personal business mentor. If you win, you will receive customized, one-on-one mentorship from one of two leading small business experts, Brian Moran and Marsha Collier, who have teamed up with Pitney Bowes to help you ignite your business. That’s free advice from an advisor who has advised and helped thousands of entrepreneurs build their business.
How to Enter and Win:
To enter the contest and win a mentorship, all you need to do is ‘Like’ our Pitney Bowes Small Business Facebook page and then post on our page why your company would most benefit from a mentorship program (in 200 words max). Official Contest Rules below.
Where do you need the most help? Expanding to an online business? Building a social media presence? Better fulfilling your shipping demands? Finding new customers beyond your local area? Managing cash flow? Improving customer service? Tell us – then encourage your co-workers and friends to ‘Like’ your post. Every ‘Like’ helps your chances.
What You’ll Win:
– Three one-hour consultations via phone or Skype between September 25 and November 20
– Review of your business plan and evaluation of key stress points
– Actionable recommendations and follow up
– Final evaluation of progress and additional recommendations to help you find the success you imagined
Contest runs through midnight on September 22. Winners will be selected 40% based on the number of ‘Likes’ on their post and 60% at the discretion of the Mentors and Pitney Bowes. Winners will be announced on our Facebook page on September 24. To ‘Like” our Facebook page and post your comment, go to www.Facebook.com/PBSmallBusiness
Meet the Mentors:
Author of 40 books, including the best-selling ebay For Dummies, Marsha is a leading ecommerce expert and educator in the world having originally started by building her own eBay business and learning as she went. Her books give businesses insight into how to use and build a business on ebay and use social media to build customer relations and the bottom line. Her ecommerce advice has appeared in many national publications. Marsha also runs a successful online business. Businesses around the world have sought her advice. Very active in social media, she uses her years of experience to instruct online citizens on selling and marketing. She hosts a weekly Twitterchat on online customer service.
Founder & CEO of Brian Moran & Associates, Brian is dedicated to helping entrepreneurs to run better businesses, leveraging his 20+ years of experience with everything from social media to accessing growth capital to expanding into the global marketplace. Brian specializes in helping businesses build a “GPS plan” for growth. In 2012, he received the prestigious Lou Campanelli award at SCORE’s national conference in recognition for his years of service in the small business market and was recently named one of the top 100 SMB Influencers in the U.S. by Small Business Trends & Small Biz Technology.
Follow us also on Twitter for additional updates www.Twitter.com/@PBSmallBusiness
OFFICIAL TERMS and CONDITIONS OF THE Pitney Bowes SmallBiz Mentorship Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
The “Pitney Bowes SmallBiz Mentorship” contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by Pitney Bowes, Inc. (“Pitney Bowes”). This Contest is governed by these official Rules (“Official Rules”). SUBMITTING AN ENTRY TO THIS CONTEST INDICATES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING THE RULES SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT, ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND ANY ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS THAT PITNEY BOWES MAY INSTITUTE IN ITS DISCRETION.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest will be directed to Pitney Bowes, not Facebook.
- ELIGIBILITY: Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Entrants place of business must be based in the U.S. and include fewer than 100 employees. Entrants must “LIKE” the “Pitney Bowes Small Business” Facebook page AND post a comment on the Pitney Bowes “Small Business Facebook” wall of 200 words or less explaining, “Why your business would benefit from a small business mentor?” Entries posted elsewhere will not be eligible for consideration. Employees of Pitney Bowes and their affiliates, resellers, subsidiaries, agents, suppliers, and any employee of the aforementioned parties, or immediate family and members of employee’s household are not eligible for this Award. Pitney Bowes reserves the right to remove any post that includes content deemed inappropriate. All entrants must verify eligibility to Pitney Bowes or its representative prior to receiving Award.
- SUBMISSION PERIOD: Entries received before or after these dates will not be considered a valid ENTRY: The contest begins at 6:00 am EST on September 8, 2014 and ends at 12:00 midnight EST on September 22, 2014 (“Submission Period”). All entries must be in English, in a format acceptable under the criteria set forth above and must be readable by Pitney Bowes. EACH BUSINESS MAY ONLY SUBMIT ONE ENTRY. IF MORE THAN ONE POST IS SUBMITTED, ONLY THE FIRST POST WILL BE CONSIDERED THE ENTRY, AND THE ADDITIONAL POSTS WILL BE VOID. EACH ENTRY MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN INDIVIDUAL’S SELECTION OF ‘LIKE” ON THE “Pitney Bowes Small Business” Facebook page. PITNEY BOWES IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR CORRECTING MISTAKES MADE IN THE ENTRY, EVEN IF YOU NOTIFY PITNEY BOWES OF THE MISTAKE. SUCH ENTRIES WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED. PITNEY BOWES IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST, LATE, STOLEN, DAMAGED, MISDIRECTED, ILLEGIBLE OR INCOMPLETE ENTRIES, ENTRIES THAT DO NOT MEET THE MINIMUM CRITERIA, OR ANY OTHER FAILURE OF THE ENTRY, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF THE FAILURE. All information provided in the entry will become the property of Pitney Bowes, and will not be returned to you. Pitney Bowes will not acknowledge receipt of your entry and will not contact you unless you are selected as a contest winner. PITNEY BOWES AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND AGENTS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS WITH RESPECT TO THIS CONTEST, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. PITNEY BOWES AND ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND AGENTS WILL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY EVENT TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE, FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING IN STATUTE, CONTRACT OR IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) EVEN IF PITNEY BOWES IS ADVISED OF, OR COULD FORSEE THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- Notification and Requirements of Potential Winner: All eligible entries received during the Submission Period will be gathered into a database at the end of the Submission Period. Pitney Bowes will attempt to notify potential winner within two (2) business days of the drawing via an email through their Facebook page. Each entrant is responsible for monitoring his/her Facebook account for prize notification and receipt of other communications related to this promotion. Each of the two businesses selected will have 48 hours to respond to Pitney Bowes via email or Direct Message on the Facebook PBSB page following the 12pm ET announcement on the “Pitney Bowes Small Business” Facebook page. If that does not occur, Pitney Bowes will extend the prize to another business. The window of time shouldn’t exceed more than 24-48 hours for a potential winner to respond. Except where prohibited, a potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility, liability/publicity release and IRS W-9 form. If a potential winner fails to sign and return these documents within the required time period, an alternate potential winner may be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining entries received.
- AWARD WINNERS: Winning entries will be selected as follows: 40% based on number of “LIKES” of your business’s post on the “Pitney Bowes Small Business” Facebook page that states why you should win a Pitney Bowes SmallBiz Mentorship. 60% will be based on a committee comprised of the two business mentors and a representative of Pitney Bowes with particular knowledge of business mentorship. The two winning entries will be selected from all eligible entries submitted based on the criteria found in the contest description. Winners will be notified of their award by phone and/or by notification on the “Pitney Bowes Small Business” Facebook page on or about September 24, 2014. The awarded mentorships will be given to the winners over the period of Sept 24, 2014 and November 20, 2014. Each prize winner must certify eligibility and prize acceptance prior to receipt of award, as described in Section 3 above. Failure to certify acceptance may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Pitney Bowes, in its sole discretion, makes all decisions as to the eligibility of entries. Winners will be posted on the “Pitney Bowes Small Business” Facebook page upon award.
5 PRIZES: The prize package includes:
Selected businesses must be available for three 1-hour sessions via phone or Skype at times convenient to both them and their mentor on a mutually agreed upon date, once in September, October and November, 2014.
Each winner will receive personalized one-on–one business mentoring by a noted small business expert (Brian Moran or Marsha Collier) over the period of time between the announcement of the selected businesses and November 20. The value of each business mentorship is $5,000.
Any inquiries or questions about the mentorship by the selected businesses should be directed to Barbara Hannan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selected business owners, or organizational leader, grants permission for photos, quotes and/or video to be taken during the mentor period ending midnight, November 20, 2014. Any additional expenses not included in the prize package are the responsibility of the winner. Prizes are not transferable except to a representative of the winning organization (including team members or other employees). The approximate retail value of each prize package is $5,000 dollars (US). All taxes, surcharges, fees or other expenses related to the prize package are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winners may waive the right to receive any prize. No cash or other substitutions are allowed. A prize may not be transferred and must be accepted as awarded. Pitney Bowes reserves the right to designate which mentor will be awarded to each winner. Failure of winner to claim prizes awarded may result in disqualification and selection of another winner. Winner agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Pitney Bowes, its affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, agents and representatives from and against any and all loss, injury, damage, claim, expense or cost associated with winners acceptance or use of the prize package or participation in this contest.
6. TERMS AND CONDITIONS: All entrants agree to abide by all award rules and conditions of participation, including all decisions made by Pitney Bowes in the administration of this contest, which shall be final and binding on all participants. This contest, including the administration of it and all prizes awarded under it are governed by United States federal law and the laws of the State of New York, USA. Entries received from residents of these geographies will not be considered. Contestants agree, by submitting entries to the contest, to grant to Pitney Bowes the right to use contestant’s name, company of employment and state of residence, along with other information regarding contestant’s entry in the contest, online, in print, or in any other media as it relates to the contest.
Submission of your entry implies acceptance of the contest rules and conditions and constitutes permission for Pitney Bowes, Brian Moran Associates, and Collier, Advertising & Promotions or its authorized representatives to use entrants’ names and likenesses, as well as the contents of all entries, for advertising and promotional purposes without having to provide additional compensation unless otherwise prohibited by law. Pitney Bowes reserves the right to void any entries suspected of being tampered with, or modify and/or terminate this contest in whole or in part without prior notice. Any attempts to undermine the integrity of the contest via any means, including electronic tampering, will be considered by Pitney Bowes to be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Pitney Bowes will not hesitate to enforce all rights it may have in law or equity (including the seeking of damages) against any individual perpetrating such acts.
7. PRIVACY AND USE OF INFORMATION: Residents of some states may be the subject of certain privacy laws specifically pertaining to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, so some of the conditions regarding publicity and use of information may not apply to you. If you reside in a jurisdiction in which these laws apply, by submitting an entry to the contest, you give express consent to Pitney Bowes, Brian Moran Associates and Collier Advertising & Promotion for the collection, reproduction, use, storage and distribution of your personal information as it relates to this contest. You may review, amend or delete any information you provide by contacting the contest administrator listed below. All contestants who opt to join the Pitney Bowes mailing list agree to be contacted by Pitney Bowes via email or other method as designated by you.
8. CONTEST ADMINISTRATION: Any questions regarding the administration of this contest, or requests to review, amend or delete personal information should be directed in writing to:
1 Elmcroft Road
Stamford, CT 06926-0700
Attn: Pitney Bowes SmallBiz Mentorship Contest Administrator/Barbara Hannan
Or by email to: email@example.com; Enter ‘Mentor Contest” in subject line