With people from all over the world visiting Russia this month to watch the Olympics, retailers in Russia’s Southwest have a unique opportunity to connect with potential shoppers on-the-go through mobile devices. For example, folks checking in to view a skiing event might be enticed by a digital coupon to help warm up for hot chocolate at a nearby café. By contacting consumers based on their location, retailers are able to create highly specific, personalized messaging that reaches shoppers in real-time.
Reverse geocoding helps translate shoppers’ GPS coordinates into actual addresses to provide a precise location. Retailers can pull shoppers’ mobile GPS coordinates, identify their location and translate those coordinates into an actual address that can easily be integrated with other data and applications to help get consumers in-store. With instances such as the Winter Games, retailers have a unique opportunity to entice a traveler to shop by using his or her past purchase behavior. For example, if they often post about their love of snowboarding and follow snowboarding lifestyle brands on social media sites, retailers can integrate reverse geocoding technology into a customer relations application to suggest places close to the winter events to purchase snowboarding gear. This creates the ultimate personalized customer experience, which ultimately drives loyalty and sales for retailers.
Companies that are interested in integrating a reverse geocoding solution into their outreach plan should consider all of the opportunities this technology presents when combined with a customer relations application:
- Reaching customers and prospects in real time with targeted, personalized local insights that maximize engagement and sales
- Enhancing brand image through convenient, timely offers and information
- Enabling apps that can identify where consumers are right now and where they will be in the future based on purchase information
- Providing geographic insight in a format that is easy to integrate with consumer and business data
- Generating current address data to create real-time personalized communications
- Driving increased enrollment and use of social media assets and mobile marketing
Reverse geocoding is fast and accurate, much like the athletes participating in the Olympics this month. Interested in learning more about how it can benefit your business? Make sure to check out our demo. In the meantime, be sure to get ready to cheer your country on and get ready for a couple of fun-filled and awe-inspiring weeks.