by Bruce Gresham, Product Manager, Pitney Bowes Presort Services
Everyone in the mailing community is readying their postage meters – and wallets – for the January 26, 2014 U.S. Postal Service rate increases. The price of a full-rate First Class one-ounce stamped letter is increasing 6.5% from $.46 to $.49.
Pitney Bowes meter clients have two quick ways to save postage:
1) Clients who utilize a postage meter automatically save a penny ($0.48 per piece) for metering their mail instead of using a stamp.
2) Additionally, qualifying Pitney Bowes meter clients can sign-up for our PresortXtra program to save a total of three cents ($0.46 per piece) versus the full-rate price. Check out the savings opportunities for your business here: http://www.pb.com/services/domestic-mail-presort/presortxtra-for-low-volume-mailers.shtml
By utilizing PresortXtra, Pitney Bowes clients can roll back their First Class one-ounce letter postage spending to 2013 rates and save thousands per year. There is even greater savings for two- and three-ounce mail.
For example, a client mailing 5,000 total pieces per month (4,000 1oz letters and 1,000 2oz letters) will save $4,320 annually in postage (click here to calculate your savings). PresortXtra also accepts First Class Flats (9×12 envelopes, etc) as well.
PresortXtra is provided to our clients at no charge and can be cancelled at anytime. We pick up your mail, and take it from there.
Pitney Bowes is able to provide these savings to our clients because we are a workshare partner with the U.S. Postal Service. We receive a postage discount for picking up and presorting our clients’ mail. We retain a small portion of that workshare discount, and pass the rest along to you.
Whether your mail volumes are daily or heavy batched jobs you can see real savings immediately
There are three types of clients that qualify for the PresortXtra program:
• Daily Client: At least 400 letters per day or 50 flats per day.
• Weekly/Monthly Client: At least 800 letters per pickup or 150 flats per pickup.
• On Call Client: Any mailing of at least 800 letters or 150 flats per pickup. The customer must give 24 hour notice prior to pickup.
To qualify for PresortXtra, there are just a few parameters your mail must meet:
• Mail must be dated for the next day
• Presorted First Class inscription printed on the piece (we will help you setup your meter for this)
• No handwritten and/or International mail
• No glossy material; white or light color mail only
• Barcode zone kept clear
To learn more on Pitney Bowes Presort Services and PresortXtra – and to start saving immediately – please visit the below links:
- Find out if you qualify for PresortXtra and submit a request for us to contact you to enroll: http://www.pb.com/MailServices/Solutions/Presort-Solutions/PresortXtra.shtml
- Pitney Bowes Presort Services’ “Follow The Mail” video provides a brief overview of what occurs to your mail once it leaves your office: http://www.pb.com/mailservices/resource-center/videos/presort-services-follow-the-mail.shtml
- PresortXtra Product Page: http://www.pb.com/MailServices/Solutions/Presort-Solutions/PresortXtra.shtml
The following are among the trademarks owned by the United States Postal Service: First-Class™, First-Class Mail®, IM™, IMb™, Intelligent Mail®, Intelligent Mail Package Barcode (IMpb™), Priority Mail Express™, PC Postage®, Post Office™, Postal Service™, Priority Mail®, Standard Mail®, United States Postal Service®, U.S. Mail®, U.S. Postal Service®, USPS®, USPS Electronic Postmark®. This is not a comprehensive list of all Postal Service trademarks.